7/22/17 Dental Solutions Las Vegas
Dentures vs. Implants
Dentures and dental implants serve the same purpose: to replace missing teeth.
Benefits: A beautiful smile can be great for your self esteem and confidence. Dentures and dental implants are the two most effective ways in dentistry to restore your beautiful smile! They restore your cosmetics and function.
Complimentary consultation: A consultation with your dentist can be very beneficial to help you determine what is best for you. During your consultation, you can expect a thorough medical and dental history, xrays and exam, along with questions regarding what you need and want. A custom treatment plan will be presented to you based on you specific concerns, along with cost and assistance on financial options.
Missing teeth problems:
- Not having a great smile!
- Shifting of remaining teeth: Teeth tend to shift into this space, so teeth become crooked, bacteria traps form as food impaction occurs. You also lose support of your jaws, cheeks and face. So it affects your facial looks, making you look older faster!
- Bone Loss: Atrophy or bone loss occurs at missing tooth site as the bone is no longer exercised. This affect your facial support and also makes it more difficult to place implants later, as you may not have the neccessary bone required for this procedure.
- Quality of life issues: Loss of self esteem and loss of confidence can occur as you may tend to put your hand in front of you mouth to hide your smile.
Denture Solutions for missing teeth:
- Dentures: What are they? Full dentures replace all upper teeth or lower teeth or both .
- Partial dentures: replace missing teeth and are connected to existing teeth. Both are removable for cleaning.
Advantages of Dentures:
- Less cost than implants
- Less invasive as no surgery required
- Can achieve cosmetic make-over in as little as 3-4 visits
- Can cosmetically give appearance of restored teeth, gum and bone.
Disadvantages of Dentures:
- May require glue or adhesive, if no bone to retain dentures
- May cause gagging as some people can not tolerate palate being covered
- Loss of taste of foods, as taste buds in palate are covered.
- Pain from sore spots, as gum and bone are changing in shapes with ageing process.
- Requires time to get used to and maintenance and replacement as facial structures change with age.
Dental Implant Solutions:
- A permanent solution for tooth replacement, like a third set of teeth, requiring the same care.
- Are like natural teeth, with the potential to last a lifetime, as nothing to decay.
- Helps to maintain your bone for facial support, to minimize the ageing process and the look of the sunken in face.
- The gold standard of tooth replacement.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- 95% success rate
- Can last 20 years or more, with some as long as 40 years, so potential to last a lifetime!
- As easy to care for as natural teeth
- preserves bone support to preserve facial support, so no sunken in appearance.
- Can get dental implants in 1 day
Disadvantages of Dental Implants:
- Dental implants can be more costly than crowns and bridge initially, but a 5 year study has shown implant costs can be actually lower in long run, because of potential to last lifetime.
- Not everyone is a good candidate for dental implants as good bone and gum are necessary for the implant to retain to the bone without rejection.
- Bone grafts may be necessary, which adds to cost of the procedure.
Dentures vs Implants:
- Both are great solutions for smiling, looking good and feeling good!
- A complimentary consultation with Dr. Chin, is a great way to start. Contact us at 702-876-6068 / lvdentalexperts.com