Why choose LV Dental Experts as your implant dental professionals?
- Harvey H. Chin, DDS, MAGD, FADSA, FICOI, FAAID, IAMDA has 30+ years experience from UOP, one of the best dental schools in US. Trained with the masters in dentistry.
- 30+ years experience in minimally invasive implant dentistry, from short to narrow to tapered implants. We find less invasive is better as more comfortable, less surgical visits, less cost, less bone atrophy.
- We treat the difficult cases, where many patients have been told by their dentist that no implants are possible and have been doing it for 30+ years.
- Offer state of the art procedures from:
- “All on 4/Tooth in a day” for the patient that wants extractions and implants and fixed teeth in 1 day with 1 surgery.
- “Extraction and immediate implant placement in 1 surgery” to minimize bone atrophy
- For your convenience we offer:
- Sedation dentistry with little to no memory of the visit
- Complimentary smile makeover design to help finalize treatment
- Expertise in TMD/OSA
- Custom appointment times
- We are the only office in Nevada to offer these services under 1 roof. We do not treat everyone, so we are selective on the cases we choose. However, we offer custom appointment times for your convenience.
Meet Dr. Harvey Chin
Dr. Harvey Chin and LV Dental Experts
Hello! I’m Harvey. I’m a second-generation Chinese American and I have been with my wife for over 30+ years. We have 3 children ( 2 boys and 1 girl). Originally from Sacramento, CA, I enjoy football, basketball and baseball, along with snow skiing and hiking the outdoors. I attended UCLA as an undergraduate, UOP Dental School and UCSF for my postgraduate studies. My favorite music are “Oldies, But Goodies” and my favorite TV shows are on the “Food Network” (food and dentistry goes together you know!), along with rooting for SF Forty Niners. My passion is in the field of Dental Implants for the Baby Boomers, in hopes that they can say: “No more dentures!”
At LV Dental Experts, we have over 30 years of experience in dentistry. Not only do we offer expert status in TMD & Mini Dental Implants. Special emphasis in minimally invasive dental implants and techniques. We are different in that we are one of the very few offices to offer same day extractions, implant placement of teeth, in a minimally invasive procedure to preserve your bone, facial support, thereby yielding a much more youthful appearance. Other techniques, such as All-on-4, cut away good gum and bone tissue. So these are the procedures of choice cosmetically for the mature adult, who has been told they do not have the bone for dental implants. At LV Dental Experts, we also offer sedation for those desiring little to no memory of the visit.
As a general dentist my staff and are able to also provide the following services: exams, x-rays, teeth cleanings, periodontal (gum) treatment, fillings, crowns, root canals, tooth extractions, dentures, sedation, TMD, OSA, and tooth whitening. We have a special emphasis in minimally invasive dental implants and techniques. We are unique in that we see many patients that are told by other dentists that they cannot have implants because they do not have the bone. We in many cases can do these procedures to give patients same day implants and teeth without bone grafting! We also are one of the few offices to provide tooth extraction, along with implants and teeth same day in 1 visit, instead of 2 visits. This makes it more comfortable, less invasive, less need for bone grafting, and preserves facial support to preserve your youthful look, and minimize premature facial aging!
In the past, I have written articles in:
- Dentistry (Sacramento Magazine)
- Dental Implant Dimensions and Its Relationship to Osseous-integration Success ( Medical College of Georgia)
- Mini Dental Implants in a Minimal Bone Post Facial Trauma Case ( International Academy of Mini Dental Implants)
- Dentistry ( Wellness Hour)
- Implant Residency ( UCSF)
- TMD residency ( UCSF & LLU)
- FAGD ( Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- MAGD ( Master of Academy of General Dentistry
- FAAID ( Fellow of American Academy of Implant Dentistry )
- FICOI ( Fellow International Congress of Oral Implantology )
- IAMDA ( International Association of Mini Dental Implants )
- Implant Residency ( Medical College of Georgia)
- FADSA ( Fellow American Dental Society of Anesthesiology )
- IV Sedation Residency ( Medical College of Georgia)
- TMD & OSA Residency ( Steven Olmos)
- Orthodontics ( USDI)
- Invisalign ( Align Technologies)
- TMD Residency ( UCSF & LLU)
Dr. Harvey Chin graduated from UCLA in 1976, before studying Dentistry at the University of the Pacific in San Francisco. Dental School was only the start of his education, however, as he has pursued advanced training in Orthodontics, TMJ, Implantology, Periodontics, Endodontics and Prosthodontics.
Dr. Chin is a member of many professional organizations including the Academy of General Dentistry, The American Academy of Implant Dentistry, the U.S. Dental Institute for Orthodontic Studies, the International Association for Orthodontics, and The American Association of Endodontists.
“Gaining the trust and respect of my patients and colleagues alike means that I’ve proven my expertise professionally and personally. But I don’t rest on my laurels. Each day is another opportunity to care for a patient with better-than-expected service, and to learn about the latest advances from my fellow professionals.”
“My patients appreciate the considerate and gentle care they get here. I’m careful to take the time they need to answer any questions or address any concerns. My friendly and outgoing team make everyone who walks in the door feel welcome. It’s nice to know that my patients are being well taken care of. It’s even more rewarding to know that I’m helping people feel good about their smiles.”